On our continuing quest to make all of your favorite recipes grain-free and low glycemic, we found a request that was surprisingly common… pumpkin bread.
If you’re looking for a moist and hearty paleo-approved Pumpkin Bread that’s packed with pumpkin… and not sugar, then look no further.
With it’s moist and tender texture and rich, fragrant spices, pumpkin bread is a soul-warming comfort food that makes the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast accompaniment. It’s also loaded with powerful antioxidants, thanks to beta-carotene rich pumpkin and chart-topping cloves, cinnamon and allspice.
Unfortunately, however, those healthy benefits are typically negated by heaps of sugar and flour, transforming a potential superfood… into junk food.
In today’s recipe, we’ve punched up the pumpkin and spices – while slashing the sugars and starches – to make an authentic tasting pumpkin bread that you can enjoy without a moment’s guilt.
Superfood Paleo Pumpkin Bread: All of the Antioxidant Goodness, None of the Junk
Packing a full cup of pumpkin per loaf, this dense bread does best when fully cooled and sliced to retain its structure. If you prefer, feel free to reduce the amount of pumpkin to 2/3 cup to lighten up the loaf.
Either way, you’ll get a great-tasting superfood bread that is easy on the blood sugar and friendly to the waistline.
Best of all, it takes just a few minutes to whip up!
Paleo Pumpkin Bread: The Step By Step
Like all of the recipes we create here at Wellness Bakeries, the preparation method is simple and there won’t be much to clean up!
Preheat your oven to 350 F and line a 7.5 x 3.5 inch loaf pan with unbleached parchment paper (spread a few drops of your favorite oil over the paper to help keep it in the pan).
Blend the wet ingredients on high speed using a hand held mixer. Add the dry ingredients to wet and blend until smooth.
Spread into your lined loaf pan and pop into the preheated oven…
Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Here’s what your loaf will look like…
- 4 pastured eggs
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (240 g)
- ¼ cup Erythritol, powdered
- 30-40 drops liquid stevia extract (to taste)
- 1½ cup Miracle Mix (160 g)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 7.5 x 3.5 inch pan with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs, melted coconut oil, pumpkin puree, Erythritol and liquid stevia. Blend on high speed with a hand held mixer to fully combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the Miracle Mix and spices.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend to a smooth batter.
- Spread into lined pan and transfer to the oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove loaf and cool directly on wire rack before slicing.
Excellent Source of Vitamin A (65% daily value), provides 979 mcg alpha-carotene per serving